- VLSub plugin for VLC media player – how to install and use – ubuntu 11.10 (unity)
- VLC media player – vlsub has been updated to 0.9.8!
Vlsub is a well-known vlc extension for downloading subtitles automatically in various languages, based on movie’ s file hash or title. The new features and bug fixes applied from previous and current version are:
- search subtitles for videos file inside an archive
- Add language automatic detection from os environment
- Simplified interface
- Add a success message when subtitles are loaded
- Display a download link to subtitles if direct download fail
- Integrated usage instructions
- Add a configuration panel to set default language and other options
- Add interface localization option
- Add the possibility to put manually the translation files in: “vlsub_working_directory”/locale (working directory is mentionned in “Config”)
- Use dialog:hide() instead of dialog:delete() to avoid lua warning
- Bug fix: with microDVD (“.sub”) subtitles
- Bug fix: download behaviours display on xp
- Bug fix: Add error message if github CA certificate is not present when downloading translations
- Bug fix: closing dialog on config menu on OS X
- Bug fix: compile translation files into one and move it to “addons.videolan.org” to avoid trouble with CA certficates
- Bug fix: Use a dedicated directory for VLSub where conf and translation files can be put, with a “safe path” (= keep relative path from the current working dir of lua so not containing special characters and usable anytime on Windows)
- Bug fix: compile translation files into one and move it to “addons.videolan.org” to avoid trouble with CA certficates with outdated OS (github is now “https only”)
Download zip file (vlsub0-9-8) , extract it, and update the current vlsub extenstion in ‘~/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions‘.
If it’s your first time reading about vlsub, here is the installation tutorial.