Who we are
Our website address is: https://totallynoob.com.
Privacy and your data in a nutshell
- I run this blog to share my stories and articles with people who are interesting in IT
- I use google analytics and WordPress statistics (via jetpack) to measure traffic an come to conclusions about how much interested visitors are and how to become a better writer.
- I have a small eshop section to cover the expenses of hosting this blog and to experiment with some products. Most of the designs are created by me. As any other eshop, my eshop gathers all the necessary data to sell and ship the products. If you don’t want me to have your personal data, then, just don’t buy my t-shirts.
- Overall, I try to keep your data as secure as I can, and, gather as little personal info I can in every section of this web site.
- Also, I always tend to anonymize visitors data to keep your (and my) privacy at an optimum level because I care about privacy.
- If you have questions or need any kind of help with your data etc, don’t hesitate to use my contact form.
- If you don’t wanna be here then just don’t be.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
No-fucking-body! Just analytics (google analytics and WordPress statistics) and spam service (Akismet) – that I try to anonymize before leaving this site.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
Trying to anonymize all data before leaving this site.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If this site will be hacked, I’ll do my best to un-hack it and inform you about this.
What third parties we receive data from
Nope. No such thing.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
No such thing either.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements