- HowTo – Set up Deluge torrent server (aka seedbox) headless with Ubuntu
- HowTo – [Deluge torrent server] (aka seedbox) Install XMPP Notify/Control plugin on Ubuntu
Deluge is one of the best torrent clients I’ve ever used and configured. In this tutorial you’ll learn how to install and configure one of its plug-ins (and dependencies), XMPPNotify.
XMPPNotify is a control Bot for deluge server via xmpp protocol. It requires twisted.words, twisted.names and wokkel library.
Assuming that you already have installed deluge all you need to do is:
- Download XMPPNotify plugin file from this link, and extract the plugin.
- Upload it to your deluge headless seedbox via thin or web client.
- Run the commands below to setup XMPPNotify locally for deluge Thin Client. Yes, you must install it locally for the initial configuration so, note that you will have to run these commands both on server and one of the thin clients.
- From thin or web client enable XMPPNotify and press ok.
- Optional Step: If you uploaded the plugin from deluge webui make sure you refresh the page in order to see the plugin menu inside prefrences window.
- Open preferences again, XMPPNotify and insert your notifier jabber account credentials. Note: provide the full JID, ex. [email protected]
- Fill in the xmpp accounts you wish to get notified. In ex. [email protected]
- Required: Fill in the Whitelists (View&Control) with the accounts you want to control your seedbox.
First escalate privileges to root and then install:
apt-get install python-setuptools python-pip
pip install twisted && pip install wokkel