In this tutorial I will show you how to reveal password characters (asterisks) from a html input form, with Google Chrome Developer Tools. This is a very simple hack with Google Chrome don’t freak out. It’s so easy.
Update: I noticed some forum threads from backlinking. Guys, this is absolutely normal. It cannot be remotely exploited and whoever the attacker is, he must have physical access to your computer. So, no worries.
1. In HTML, forms are used to pass data to a script which use these data in order to do something with them.
2. This is a basic syntax of these forms. ex.
<form action="#" method="post">
<!-- (Open a form tag) -->
<input name="usename" type="text" />
<!-- (let's say this input is meant for Username) -->
<input name="password" type="password" />
<!-- (let's say this input is meant for password) -->
3. it’s important to understand the types of input tags. There’s some.
4. Basically the text type and password type differs only when masking the Characters with bullets or NOT!<
#Note!# Assuming that you’re browsing with Google Chrome right now.
1. Fill below the input (password) form.
2. Just Do a right click on the input element you want to reveal.
3. Click Inspect Element.
4. Now look at the bottom of Google Chrome (where developer tool showed up) and find the marked input element you tried to inspect.
5. Double Click on type=”password” and change it to “text”
6. Hit Enter! You’re Done! Check the above input for password! the password is revealed!!!