Set up an account
- Visit registration tool.
- Pick a username and password.
- Type the letters into the CAPTCHA (to confirm that you are a human and not an automated robot).
- Click “Create Account”.
To add your new account to the software (jitsi):
- From the main menu choose File > Add new account…
- In the Add new account dialog, Network drop down menu choose “XMPP”
- Enter your username followed by @totallynoob.com (for example if your username was noob you would type [email protected]).
- Enter your password.
- Click “Add”.
Tips you need to know
- PROTOCOL: The protocol you will use is: xmpp, so when you’re up to setting up a new account on … let’s say jitsi… choose the xmpp protocol for your account.
- USERNAMES: If your username is “noobuser” then your JID is email@example.com (totallynoob.com is the name of the server)
- PASSWORD: If you loose your password you CAN’T restore it. So keep it somewhere safe.
- You can change your password anytime you want from your client’s account settings.
Most convenient and stable clients are:
- Jitsi (cross platform – supports conference audio/video calls, remote desktop, file transfer)
- Empathy (linux – supports audio/video calls, remote desktop, file transfer)
- Gajim (cross platform – support audio/video calls, file transfer )
- Pidgin (cross platform)
- Conversations (Awesomeness !!) (f-droid) (google play)
- Xabber (clean and neat android client)
- Chat secure (Android & iPhone)
If you encounter any service problems or need to ask a question add our accounts to your roster.